Nestled in vineyards in California’s San Joaquin Valley, our two-acre sanctuary is home to 11 amazing animal species. Working at Harvest Home is a unique way for you to interact directly with rescued animals at our beautiful sanctuary in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. You will have the hands-on opportunity to learn the basics of animal care with us.
Job Title: Animal Caregiver (part-time)
Time Commitment: 20 hours/week
Job Duties: As a part of the sanctuary team, your work duties will include:
(1) the care and feeding of the animals at the sanctuary
(2) the cleaning of the animal habitats at the sanctuary
- Career interest in animal protection or veterinary care;
- At least one year of experience working with animals;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, organize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to think creatively and to share ideas;
- Ability to prioritize work based on animal needs and weather conditions;
- Must be physically able to lift/move up to 30 pounds;
- Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; AND
- While working at the sanctuary, maintaining a vegan diet is required.
Compensation: $880/month (independent contractor)
- Applications (required: cover letter, resume and personal references) will be accepted until Friday, January 8th at 5 pm PST.
- Email a cover letter, current resume and two references with subject line “Harvest Home application for YOUR NAME” to Christine@HarvestHomeSanctuary.org. Your cover letter (150 – 250 word requirement) should outline why you would like to work at Harvest Home Animal Sanctuary and briefly summarize past experiences in the field of animal protection or veterinary technology.
- Once an application is received, the applicant may receive a request for a working interview.
Start Timeframe: January 2016