Harvest Home Animal Sanctuary invites you to apply for our new employment opportunity. If you thrive on new experiences and aim to make a difference in the lives of animals, this is the opportunity for you.
Working at our sanctuary is a unique way for you to interact directly with rescued animals in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. You will have the hands-on opportunity to learn the basics of rabbit, bird, goat, and pig care with us.
– Currently enrolled in college and/or a general career interest in animal protection or veterinary care;
– Excellent verbal communication skills;
– Reliable transportation to and from the sanctuary;
– Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, organize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines;
– Ability to think creatively and to share ideas; must be physically able to lift/move up to 50 pounds;
– Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; AND
– Maintaining a vegan diet, abstaining from the use of drugs and alcohol, and a commitment to non-violence.
– Part-time hours, including weekends and holidays
– Hourly wage based on experience ($13.00 – $15.00)
– Email a cover letter, current resume and two references with subject line “Employment application for YOUR NAME” to Info@HarvestHomeSanctuary.org.
– Your cover letter (150 – 250 word requirement) must outline why you would like to work at Harvest Home Animal Sanctuary and briefly summarize past experiences (if any) in the field of animal sheltering and protection.
– Applications (i.e. cover letter, resume and personal references) will be accepted on or before August 15th, 2019 at 5:00 PM PST.
– Incomplete application submissions will not be considered.